Wednesday 1 September 2010

First bite of the month

My first blog post, my first tomato.


I'm rather excited as I've never managed to grow tomatoes before. This year I have several different plants, all bearing fruit, but only one (Heritage variety) has actually turned red! They've been grown outside in my small back yard and have managed to avoid blight; torrential rains and marauding blackbirds.
What a lovely way to start September; a week off with the sun shining and my own home grown tomato. What did it taste like? I was quite surprised that it would taste so different to a shop bought one. Very fresh and juicy with that wonderful warm summery smell that tomato plants give off.



I just need the others to change colour now. Hurry up and grow little tomatoes!


One more almost ready

No comments:

Post a Comment